The Graz University of Technology seeks a full-time Assistant Professor to join the IZK – Institute for Contemporary Art within the Faculty of Architecture. The position is offered for the duration of up to five years, 40-hours per week, starting by 1st August 2016.
The Institute for Contemporary Art is part of the Faculty of Architecture at the Graz University of Technology. The Institute promotes critical thinking and novel forms of contemporary artistic practice inquiring relationships between art, science and society. Fostering trans-disciplinary art-based research, as well as generating investigatory and long-term projects are equally important to the Institute as the continuous development of its academic program. Through diverse series of projects, workshops and guest lectures, students are encouraged to articulate and build their knowledge by working closely with some of the leading practitioners from across the contemporary art landscape.
• A completed art-related master degree or a comparable qualification.
• Good knowledge of art theory, art history and contemporary art practice.
• An active engagement with current critical discourses in the field of contemporary art with awareness of wider socio-political issues.
• An active exhibition/research profile and professional practice.
• Experience of initiating collaborations between the contemporary art sphere and academic environments.
• Experience of working internationally and a wide network across contemporary arts and higher education.
• Experience with fundraising, management and organization of research projects.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Teaching experience.
• Computer literacy and good understanding of networked technologies and media.
• Fluent in German and English.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Teaching at both undergraduate (bachelors degree) and postgraduate (masters) level.
• Organization of the various activities of the Institute.
• Administrative work.
• Taking part in research projects of the Institute.
• Documentation of completed courses on the web site of the Institute and its publications.
• The successful applicant will be able to make an individual contribution to the expanding profile of the Institute based on personal expertise and experience, particularly through teaching and research goals.
• Expected to be based in Graz.
How to apply
An application letter, a curriculum vitae including a description of the academic and professional career, lecturing and teaching activity as well as portfolio should accompany the applications.
Please submit applications in writing and also electronically to the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Peters (email@example.com), Rechbauerstr. 12/I, A-8010 Graz, Reference Code: 1550/15/008. Applications must have arrived at the Dean’s office by 06/22/2016.
B1 according to the collective agreement for university employees. The monthly gross minimum wage is € 2,662.90 (14 times per year) and may increase on the basis of previous employment periods and work experiences.